Time for October!
You can tell I got busier in October as I took a lot more cat videos.
- I took sneaky videos of Ben.
- Helped with a conference at NC State as part of a service learning project for one of my classes.
- Went to one of Ben’s friends weddings but somehow took the video sideways.
- It rained a lot.
- I voted in the local elections
- We tried to make our own Drake Hands parody.
- Celebrated Ben’s birthday at Brasa, a Brazilian Steak House.
- When I got bored of cat videos, I took weird videos of myself.
- I RAN MY FIRST 5K!!! And I didn’t come in last place! Then, 2 weeks later, I ran another one!
- Went to see the Porsche by Design exhibit at the NC Museum of Art.
- Went hiking at Stone Mountain.
- Celebrated Halloween with the Wrights.
- Watched the Red Sox win the World Series (kind of, I missed the last game because I had class)
- Attended my first professional conference where the entertainment were these bluegrass singers who played the washboard.
- Got a bite guard to wear at night so I don’t grind my teeth (oh, the woes of a stressed out grad student!) that makes me talk funny.
- Had a lot of leftover candy at Halloween because we only got 15 trick-or-treaters.
Since I haven’t blogged since August, I thought I would get you all caught up on my life via One Second Everyday, an app that allows you to create a movie using one-second snippets of video. Throughout the fall, I was fairly faithful about taking video every day. I like the app, although I wish it were Two Seconds Everyday because I think one second is a little too short.
Here is the month of September.
As you can maybe kind of see…
- From the clip of me playing with a little koala, I interned at a local community college in their office of international student services. I actually started there last January, and just got done about a week ago. It was a great experience, and I learned SO MUCH. The best part of grad school for me has been the stuff I’ve done outside the classroom, which in some ways makes me question why society puts so much emphasis on getting a higher degree…ahem. But anyway, that is another topic entirely.
- From the clip of me in the car barely able to talk, I went to the dentist after almost three years of not going, and it was terrible. No cavities, but I had to get a deep cleaning that required Novocaine. Luckily my dentist is awesome and provides free laughing gas for any procedure. However, I was really sore after and had to swish this nasty mouthwash for like three weeks. Needless to say, I have drastically improved my dental hygiene since then. Let this be a warning to all of you who avoid the dentist!
- From the clips of me walking, running, playing basketball and about to make a smoothie, I really tried to work on my physical fitness and well-being. I think I did a pretty good job up until the end of October or so, when I just got so busy things kind of fell apart. BUT the good news is that since the semester is now over, I’ve started up a new routine.
- From all the clips of Ben, you can see that I have a hilarious and good-looking boyfriend. 🙂
- I also: attended Rachael’s birthday (complete with special guest a mini-horse!), spent a lot of time with Charlie and my roommate’s cats, did homework (more times than I cared to film), played with Ben’s dog Nelly, got stuck in traffic (more times than I cared to film), and walked around campus (more times than I cared to film).
I like this way of documenting my life. I need to get back into the swing of taking more video every day. As you’ll see come November I became much more lax as I got busier and busier. Along with my exercise routine, I’ll try to take more videos now that things have calmed down a bit.
Does anyone else do One Second Video? I’d love to see them if you’re willing to share!
Stay tuned for October and November, coming soon!