>Last night after watching Che with Emily, she asked me, “Do you find it’s hard to find stuff to do this time of year?” I don’t think I responded emphatically enough last night. But the answer is YES. I realize this will change very soon (i.e. Thursday) but for now, I have lots of free time. How do I entertain myself? Here’s a list.
- I improve my geography skillz on this website (thanks Isabel!)
- I learn how to make rice using the internet. Then I make it and it comes out great.
- I learn how to reprogram the universal remote in my room so I can watch TV without getting up to change the channel.
- Then I watch lots of episodes of “Two and a Half Men” and “The New Adventures of Old Christine” plus The Virgin Suicides and You, Me and Dupree
- I clean out and consolidate a bunch of salt shakers in the cupboards, then fill an old one with cinnamon I recently purchased (this may sound silly but took quite awhile).
- I read, mostly 2666 by Roberto Bolaño and Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
- I go to the movies
- I drink wine
- I blog
- I write e-mails
- I surf facebook (probably too much).
Thrilling, huh? Let’s just say I’m pretty excited to start working. Although that means I’ll have to wake up before 11:00 during the week. Booooo.